How to Advertise on Facebook | Social Media Advertising

Rock

Good day, fellows. I will post something for all the newbies out there, who want to test the advertising system of Facebook. I will offer you a few tips which will help you optimize your ad campaigns and which will eventually help you achieve more.

1. Targeting of your audience (clients, visitors, subscribers etc.) the right way.

Facebook is offering an one really well developed system for targeting. You have the option to sift the chaff and see the millet. In other words you can sort the possible audience by their interests, by their age, gender, where they live etc. Be careful when you do the targeting process, because if you do it right you will get the desired exposure which will bring you better results for a lesser amount of money. The good thing is that with every parameter you enter (for example male with age of 18-39 years, from New York with interest of football) you will see the number of people that are qualifying. With that filters the ad will not show to women, men that are younger or older, men that are outside of New York and etc. This means your ad will target a group of people and will show to people that may have interest to the content you show. Caution: Facebook advertising is always connected with a lot of test until you get the right parameters for your ad!

2. Optimize your ad the right way.

Your ad will show: A picture, a title (25 symbols) and a text for your ad (90 symbols)
You have to take advantage and use everything from the above list to its limit so you can get the attention of you target group.

The success of your ad relies on the way you’ve written the text, what is the title (you have to make it catchy), what is your target group and the most important – what are you offering to the user. :)

Required:

* Write literately without mistakes!
* Always tell the truth in your ad – You want to receive more than just a visit, right?
* Don’t copy other popular ads.
* Describe everything in details in these 90 symbols.
* Use your own picture of the product, the service or a picture that is good enough to get the desired attention. The picture must be relevant to the ad.

Never do this:

* Never writhe only with uppercase or lowercase letters
* Never use picture that is very popular and irrelevant.
* Don’t leave empty symbols in your ad, don’t forget that you are using only 90 symbols, use them wisely!

Try to:

* Put what is so called a “call to action” in the text.
* Do a research for your competition and make your add better than the one of the competition.

3. Make a good schedule for your ad.

I’m sure that even when you are a newbie you know that the entire ad campaign relies on the time in which your ads will be shown in which days and in what time.

Test when the results are more satisfying. Try with different campaigns in different hours or days, For every topic you will get different hours to be more effective.

For example if you are promoting a coffee brand, you will get the attention of people in the morning between 7 AM and 10 AM when people are drinking coffee.

The time when Facebook has a lot of users online in Bulgaria is between 6 PM and 10 PM (personal opinion).

4. Manage the ad budget well.

You have a choice for the method of paying.

* price per a single click
* price per 1000 impressions

Both the prices are depending on the topic you chose
Facebook will give you advice about choosing the right method and price for getting more clicks/impressions. That is called a BID.

It will show you a BID that will vary – for example it can say something like min BID 0.15 – max BID 0.39. You will have to enter something between the two prices it doesn’t matter if you will use clicks or impressions. Don’t be tight-fisted because there will be no effect from your campaign, but never give the max BID price. Don’t forget that Facebook is not stupid and will always try to get your money, but for our example you can easily go over 0.25.

Personally, I’ve tried both the clicks and impression and for my case clicks were better. Again you will have to do some tests and decide for yourself.

Let’s talk about the budget, you can decide by yourself about the money you will spend, but I recommend spending 20-50 dollars on your first campaign if you don’t have experience. If you put 2-5 dollars budget for a day, you will see how things are going for a week or so.

You can change the details for your ad, but every time you do this you will have to wait for a review by Facebook. You can create a similar campaign to your main one so you can see how two different variations work.

5. Track what is the effect of your ads.

Like in every type of marketing, in Facebook you will have to track the ROI (return of investment) in other words you will have to see how much money you’ve spent and how much money you got because of the ad.

Facebook offer Conversion Tracking (thanks to Alabam4eto about the reminder), but you can use Google Analytics too.
You can see how it is done through GA here: (LINK)

There is no real walkthrough about how to make the most effective ad campaign with our friend Mark Zuckerberg, because we will always have to accept the fact that there are some factors which are not calculable. Every ad acts different from the others. Everything is done with testing, changing things in real time and the most important thing is to not give up. Accept the weak results and try to find why they are like that.

Good luck to you all. :)

Последно редактирано от модератор:
Facebook Ads - Guide to Advertising on Facebook

You forgot to talk about Conversion Tracking in Facebook Advertising :)

Thanks for the information. It is great! :)

A Deep Dive Into Facebook Advertising

Everything is said like it should be. Thank you.

Facebook Ad Campaign for Beginners

This thread is very useful. I appreciate this.

Managing Campaigns, Ad Sets and Ads | Facebook

I’ve missed this thread, but now I’ve read it. Rocksteady you described everything very well. I gave you a plus and I hope everyone will read it – not only the newbies.

Yesterday I’ve ran a campaign for a day with a budget of 10 dollars. I think it can do better I am not satisfied with the results – I got 270 like for the 10 dollars. I want to ask you when they will ask me to pay and how I have to pay. This will happen after the campaign? It didn’t withdraw any money from me.

Beginners Guide To Facebook Ads: How To Set-up Your Ad

Bulgarian or international like? The price is 0.04 per like.

They are all Bulgarian likes. Yes the price is 0.04. I will try something different today.

How To Make Money Online Facebook Ads Campaign

I will ask again. I have a expense of 10 dollars of day, but it doesn’t take money from me. When they will get their money for the campaign. Anyone knows? Should I transfer the money to them?

Dean каза:
Yesterday I’ve ran a campaign for a day with a budget of 10 dollars. I think it can do better I am not satisfied with the results – I got 270 like for the 10 dollars. I want to ask you when they will ask me to pay and how I have to pay. This will happen after the campaign? It didn’t withdraw any money from me.

Yes – the paying will happen on a period of time. It depends on the ad, the author and etc. IT IS NOT FREE! There is no reason to make you pay for yesterday. There is a period of time that you will pay after. If you connected a CC to your account everything will happen automatically.

Step by Step Guide for a Successful Facebook Ad Campaign

Yesterday I’ve ran a campaign for a day with a budget of 10 dollars. I think it can do better I am not satisfied with the results – I got 270 like for the 10 dollars. I want to ask you when they will ask me to pay and how I have to pay. This will happen after the campaign? It didn’t withdraw any money from me?

They took money from my paypal account once a week.

The last year I ran campaigns for 3-4 months targeted to the American groups of users. I’ve tried a lot of ways for advertising.
It cost a lot more than the other methods for advertising.

For Bulgarian groups of user I’ve paid $0.03 – 0.06 for a like.

If Bulgaria is your target audience, I recommend you to get Macedonia into your calculations. It will get your potential up to the sky. There will be 1*000*000 more users to attract.

I find the information to be useful too. Thanks! Good luck!

Горе