How To Use "<h1>" The Best Way

ediz

Which is the right way to use the <h1> tag?
For example I will have a website for pancakes which is made of two pages.
Which option to use?
Option N1:
HTML:
<h1>he Pancakes of Mr. Pancake</h1>
<h2>American pancakes</h2>
HTML:
<h1>The Pancakes of Mr. Pancake</h1>
<h2>Pancakes with jelly</h2>
Option N2 in which is used a logo:
HTML:
<h1>American Pancakes</h1>
HTML:
<h1>Pancakes with jelly</h1>

Последно редактирано от модератор:
html - Proper way to use h1

It is possible that I will tell something wrong, but…
If the site is a newborn use the option N1 for 6-12 months. After that you can use the second option.

Dear Mr. Angel Porazov, ex-greener from DBGm can I ask you why you think like that?

How To Use H1-H2 HTML Elements Properly

The same <h1> tag on two pages. That is interesting. Hope we see the experiment.

The same <h1> tag on two pages. That is interesting. Hope we see the experiment.

Yes, as much as I know tells me it is important to use different h1 tag for every page. If we think about it there is some logic in this. The best way to explain it is to imagine that the h1 tag is a headline of the news in the newspaper. It is an everyday task to show the hottest news, something that will drive attention. In the most cases it is some kind of a sensation.

So the h1 tag is the headline of the hottest news. Imagine if all news have the same headline. It will ruin everything. .:wink:

SEO: The right way to use H1 tag

Dear Mr. Angel Porazov, ex-greener from DBGm can I ask you why you think like that?

Green people rule the world.*:wink:

meleager каза:
Yes, as much as I know tells me it is important to use different h1 tag for every page. If we think about it there is some logic in this. The best way to explain it is to imagine that the h1 tag is a headline of the news in the newspaper. It is an everyday task to show the hottest news, something that will drive attention. In the most cases it is some kind of a sensation.
So the h1 tag is the headline of the hottest news. Imagine if all news have the same headline. It will ruin everything.

The Title should be different from the Heading*in every single moment. If they are just equal, you will suffer from automatic penalties by Google. Google dislike the doubling of the TITLE and META tags, although they don’t say anything bad for the H tags. It will be not a problem if the page is long enough to use more than one H1 tags on a single page.
Well the question in the thread is different. Whether to use the same h1 on different pages or not. First I have to say that it is not required to put the headline in a H tag. It can be good enough and attractive without the tag. Here’s an example.
HTML Code:

HTML:
<title>Paris Hilton Sells Her Underwear</title>
<h1>The pink thongs of Paris Hilton are on an auction for $1 Million.</h1>

It can be read as keyword stuffing or something if there are the same h1 tags on all the pages. In most of the cases this is followed by automated penalties by the search engines. The other side of this is if you make a h1 tag for your brand name on every page – this will be a smart move if the brand is not an exact match. It will lead to only good things..well maybe there will be something malicious, but don’t worry about.

It can be read as keyword stuffing or something if there are the same h1 tags on all the pages. In most of the cases this is followed by automated penalties by the search engines. The other side of this is if you make a h1 tag for your brand name on every page – this will be a smart move if the brand is not an exact match. It will lead to only good things..well maybe there will be something malicious, but don’t worry about.

Never thought about using h1 as a helper to develop a brand. I guess in that case we can bypass some of the warnings, like to have 2-3 h1 tags, not a single one (we don’t take the page length as a factor). The first one will be the main keyword, the second one will be da brand you want to develop. A lot of experiments are coming through for me. :wink:

How to use the h1 heading tag

The interesting is that I’ve seen a lot of sites through the years that are not using the h1 tag. Do you think the H tags are important and required?

The interesting is that I’ve seen a lot of sites through the years that are not using the h1 tag. Do you think the H tags are important and required?

Nobody can’t say it is required, but it really helps. To be honest I’ve seen no ads on the TV about Ferrari, but for Kia and Shkoda things are not like that! ; - )

Use Headings to Structure Your Web Pages

meleager каза:
Never thought about using h1 as a helper to develop a brand.
That is the right place to put your brand in.

Код:
Index page:
<h1><span style="color:#F0F8AD">Garden Viskqr</span> </h1>
Tomatoes: 
<h1>Tomatoes Garden Viskqr</h1>
Raspberries Strawberries:
<h1>Strawberries Raspberries Cassis <br > from Garden Viskqr</h1>
title and h1 are the same.

meleager каза:
Never thought about using h1 as a helper to develop a brand.
That is the right place to put your brand in.

Код:
Index page:
<h1><span style="color:#F0F8AD">Garden Viskqr</span> </h1>
Tomatoes: 
<h1>Tomatoes Garden Viskqr</h1>
Raspberries Strawberries:
<h1>Strawberries Raspberries Cassis <br > from Garden Viskqr</h1>
title and h1 are the same.

Yeah it sounds right… just never thought about having my own brand. A friend of mine told me about his journey to the page number one and h1 helped him do it. After that I started doing some researches on it and what is its role. How it affects search engines and how much it means to them. Too bad that the good effect from that can go away at any time, everything can change. .:wink:

The optimal use of H1 and H2 tags

Yeah it sounds right… just never thought about having my own brand. A friend of mine told me about his journey to the page number one and h1 helped him do it. After that I started doing some researches on it and what is its role. How it affects search engines and how much it means to them. Too bad that the good effect from that can go away at any time, everything can change. :wink:

A technically well written code for your site will always be appreciated by the SEs. The rules of coding are not changed since a lot of time and this will not happen soon. Because they are like some sort of laws in web. They are not like that because of the fashion or because someone wants them desperately. I have sites that went up in the SERP just because I’ve rewritten their code by following the rules.

A site that has a real bad coding can rank high as well – some sites have almost nothing in the <head> section. But this makes things complicated and hard.

Hey guys, let me add something like a plot twist to the discussion. There is a special element <header> which is considered by the SEs for the ranking of our site. I think to use it for the logo and every page will have its own h1 and a title that will be something like “the headline from h1 – the headline of the site” .

html - Best and safest SEO way to use h1 tags

Well to be honest that is a good plot twist!
(I gave you green reputation soon – it doesn’t allow me to do it now.)
Never looked deep in HTML5, <header> is only found there. This will help me for a project which I want to finish now. A <header> can be but on more than one place in one page. ;)

Горе