Link Building Advanced Guide

Blinky

Owner
Today we will discuss link building a.c.a. link earning. :) You know why it is called that way. Well, let me write you why.

The new Era of getting links is now into our webmaster world and we should know that.

You have to forget everything you know about link building before the date - April 24th, 2012, when the Google’s update, called Penguin has changed SEO in the way we know it. Now link earning is the main key to SEO success, meaning people will share you, not you. The manipulation is in other direction -> the users.

What do you mean by quality links?

Well, we all know what are good, bad and quality links? Getting thousands of low quality links are not the right strategy here, believe me. But getting one (even one per week) quality link from a authority site, well, that's another thing. No matter what you do, white had, black, had, grey hat, you must use only proven to work link building tactics - according to Google's rules. I personally, do not recommend link buying sites, but everyone makes his own decision here.

Do not write for links, write for users.

Many web site / blog owners make the mistake to write content not for their visitors, but for SEs. How? Well, they choose one keyword and write or buy and article, having that keyword in it (title, body). My personal advice here - write an article that you would love to share.

What about link submissions?

What about them? They can be useful only if you want to get indexed as well as mix it with the other quality links. There are great and authority directories such as Dmoz, Yahoo Directory, and etc. But there a lot of low quality links, that you do not need to click on the submission button to get the link from there, and I mean it. Do it if it's worth. One tip from me - if you hope to good positions, do not count on these kind of links.

Do .Edu and .Gov backlinks are still in the game?

As you already know, the .edu and .gov domains follow in the category Trusted and Authority. These links are a great way to tell SEs that your site is valuable and people share it on such sites (.gov and .edu). Getting such links is really hard, and I am talking about spamming here. The natural way is (the best one that comes in my mind) to make your content valuable and let those sites know about it. If they think you are great resource, these site won't forget to publish you.

Link building based on a relationship

This is a great strategy and bloggers do it often. A good example is bloggers, that write about Internet marketing. You can see that some of them link to other similar resources (friends, mentors, and etc.), they find it interesting and want to share it. If you have strong relationships in your niche this will make your link building easy. Of course, noone will link to you if you are not providing something interesting and valuable.

Get rid of broken links

Why? Well, the logic here is if you have many broken links, that means you forgot to update the content (makes is not up-to-date). There are scripts that could help you find such links and get rid of them ASAP. Dead links are also something you should look for. The less you have, the best your site will be. In case, you have changed your site structure or design, make sure the links you collected are pointing to a well-done error page. WordPress platform is a good example how to do it.

ScrapeBox as a link building tool

Yeah, right. Sorry, but ScrapeBox is not the best way to do your link earning. Spamming blogs and forums are just far way from what we are talking about here. Hope to notice that. Instead of this, try to forget it and learn hot to get really good blog comment links.

Linking by using images

You should know (and I believe you know it), that words are not the only way to get links. You can link an image from other site to yours. Now is modern to link from infographics (small infographics that link to the original one). do not forget to add alt tags and titles when you do it.

Guest blogging is the way

It is not secret to every SEO expert, that guest posting (blogging) is one of the most effective approaches to building links and driving targeted traffic. I personally use it for most of my sites and can say that I love it. Here is my tip - the best your article is written and presented on the sites, the best results it will bring you. So, when you write an article for someone else, do it like it is for you. Add images, videos, infographics and whatever you need to make it attractive and interesting to people, who will read it.

Funneling PageRank

When getting links, it is really important to know the page / site in a great details, like on which page (position) your link will placed, how will be done that, what is the PR of the page, is it indexed, is it bad page, and etc. Always make your research. For example, if you do guest blogging - you provide a great blog, while the other gives you the chance to publish your article on a brand new, which is not fair at all.

A little bit of grey hat link building

Yes, I know, the natural way is the best way, but you need to do something a little bit more - collecting links in many other ways. How? Well, be a sponsor (event partner), give interview, start a forum topic and etc. Think out of the box here. I know a case, where buying drinks and food for an event (as a sponsor) could get you a high pagerank link. Not bad, isn't it?

---------------------------------------

Hope to see your comments here. :)

Последно редактирано:

Горе