Best Free Stock Photo (Images) Sites

Blinky

Owner
Hi to everyone. Have you ever wonder where to get a free image, that will suite your post best? Well, I had the same problem before, but now I have plenty of sites to choose from. To tell you the true it is really embarrassing to see a naked post with only text and no graphic or a single image. Yes, it is.

When I started blogging many years ago, I haven't realize that the readers would like t see more than text. Yes, the text is the main part of blogging, but not the only one. As e professional blogger, you will agree with me that there is nothing better than a well-written content with nice-looking and relevant to the topic pics in it. When I started using free stock images sites, I was really surprised that there are more than 20 on the net. I believe that there are probably more than 20 and all of them could provide excellent photos to add in your page. You should know, that when using a free image from such a site, you should read their terms of use.

All of the images of the sites listed here offer free royalty-free images.

Take a deep breath and let's see:

My number one site for free stock photos is, without a doubt, Stock.XCHNG is a wonderful place to get images. With its large gallery of free photos, you have the chance to choose from a great number of images. The site include lightbox feature to save images as well as you should get an account with them in order to download images in a high resolution. It is my favorite.

QualityStockPhotos.com is another great site, where you can have your nice pics. All of the images come with great quality, the searching option is easy and fast, and also has include a lightbox - great option to save the images for later usage.

Every Stock is one of the biggest image resources on the net nowadays and with its over 3 million photos, the site has it all. Basically the site is search engine for free photos, which means that alone with its archive, it presents results from the other sites, listed here. You also has the option to search for a specify license type if image. I personally recommend it.

All of the photos in Imagebase are free to use as well as licensed under a Creative Commons license. The images there come in two main high resolutions - 1600x1200 / 3072x2048.

Next comes the ultimate free resource - Morguefile. Please, first check put the FAQs there, before start using it. The term “morgue file” is used by illustrators and others for a stockpile of images used for reference material. Nothing ghoulish about it!

Openphoto gives you a few option, which you will find really attractive as stock image site - has categories for all of the images, functional search, and account registration in case you want to upload images.

Stockvault has modern look, classy stile and thousands of images. The site has a membership option, which gives you more - lightbox and unlock some specific features. You should take a look at it.

Unprofound is one of the most poplar stock image sites on the net offering a lot of great features such as all images are grouped by category and color as well as search function. You can get your image without registration. But if you do have a registration, you can create a free online portfolio and also contribute to the ever-growing collection, which is a nice benefit for people that will use the site in future.

We came to the next site - Photo Rogue. Unlike other site, this one has a unique option - taking online requests for particular images. They provide the option if you want to specific photo, a photographer will get it for you free. That's is something really interesting.

Talking about Freerange, you should know that the registrations are must, if you want to download images from there. It has a search option, no categories at all. Also, you can do your request in order to get the images you want. That's because a great number of their images are not online on the site yet.

Geek Philosopher provides completely free photos, well-grouped in many different categories. Does not require registration. The site offers also wallpaper and backgrounds, in case you need some for your computer or site. They request that you list a photo credit if you use a photo, but otherwise, there’s little restriction

Cepolina is popular world wide, having more than 17 languages (photo descriptions). You can have the chance to browse the site by using a maps of the world. The site has also search and category options.

You can enter Abstract only if you have made a registration with it. Once your done the registration, you can download, upload and be a part of their forum. It is all free. The site is community-oriented, which makes it a little bit more alive than the others. Theres is no search option, all the photos are grouped by category.
-------------------------------

Please, if you have more to share with us, post them. I am sure that will help to all of us.

Best of luck

Последно редактирано:

Горе