Is Facebook PPC better than Google PPC?

trader

I have used Google PPC (Adwords) for a while, but have a real big interest in facebook ppc. I would like some more input into this before getting started.

Thanks

От: Is Facebook PPC better than Google PPC?

Is Facebook PPC better than Google PPC?
Hell NO

Used FB PPC last year and got around 1500 likes on my page with £15 budget. Then they updated the system and with the same budget got around 200 likes. Last time I tried FB PPC was in January, and got just 7-8 likes with £5 budget.
Will never use FB PPC again

Want to hear someone else who used FB PPC the last few months. Is it better now? Or is it still waste of money?

No, no way. If I have to choose, definitely Google will take over Facebook, when it comes to sponsored ads.

Facebook is not good PPC at all. You can increase likes, and that's it. :) I haven't used Facebook PPC for a months. Last time I did it, everything was fine, now the spend money do not meet the minimum your business should get. So, basically the Facebook PPC is not a good channel, even for companies with huge marketing budget. ;)

For me is a big waste of money and time. :)

I will disagree with you Blinky. You can build really good list from Facebook, because you can target people really well. Facebook have a lot of information about his users, you can laser target them.

The best way to use Facebook ads (in my experience) is to get them direct to you site and offer them something free if they opt-in to your list. Don't use it to increase your likes, because like's doesn't mean anything. Collect e-mails! Especially after last Facebook updates, where you post reach is equal to 10% of your likes.

After you give them something free and they are in your list, you can build good connection with them. The next part is the most fun part, selling! :D

I was thinking of starting a little Facebook PPC campaign just to check how the things are going there and I was little confused. It took me some time to find answers to most of my questions in their help articles and I still do not know exactly how many likes or shares I will receive for a particular campaign. Also, from what I can see a FB campaign costs a lot more than similar one in Google.

I'll definitely check the thread again when someone with more experience shares his/her thoughts here :)

Well unlike Facebook, in Google you do not need to offer your visitors something free to sell then. Think that way, Google ads are shown on request, while Facebook ads are there, without asking for them. Now, you decide which one is the effective way to sell something. Here is an example: You want beer, you go to the store and ask for a beer and there is a huge choice. You pick up one and pay for it. Now, the next example: You are in the store to get some cake for your birthday. There are a lot of beers next to the cake. You will get the cake anyway, but will you buy a beer? Hope you're following me.

Giving them something free works not only in Facebook, but also in mail campaigns, buying junk traffic, and more. So, this is successful strategy in any situation. ;)

Google's traffic is the most buying so far. The other SEs could be also mentioned here. ;)

Горе