Is inbound links the #1 ranking factor?

niceguy

I have been over several lists of factors that influence the rank of any particular keyword. Lets use Google as an example. It seems that their PR value is based on a number of things like traffic volume, keyword density, age of domain, inbound links, and the list goes on. Which is the most important ranking factor?

Yes there are tons of indicators or ranking factors but the one we all know about and can possibly control or affect without hesitation is links...so yes by defacto it's the most important.

Would I spend all my time building links..NO...will try focus on the content. :) Creating valuable and useful content will guarantee you more links, more than building it yourself. Why, because 10 people interested in your content are much more powerful than one person trying to find where to publish the page. ;)

Anyway, webmaster still doing it and in some ways they really succeed. ;)

In bound links are really good factor in SEO, there is no doubt to it really, it would help a lot, I would say..

Well, the inbound links are important factor but not the only. With it the on page also play a vital role in ranking and seo friendly well optimized sites gets good ranking for sure.

Now, as Blinky wrote - content is more important.

От: Is inbound links the #1 ranking factor?

The best way to build backlinks is to promote your site to websites whose page rank is more than 3.
Here are some good ways to get backlinks to your website the smart way:

1. Submitting to GOOD PR article directories like Ezinearticles and Go articles
2. Leave INFORMATIVE comments on dofollow blogs.
3. Use Social Networks to build backlinks i.e. like Squidoo, Zimbio, Hubpages etc.
4. Social Bookmark sites. Some are dofollow like furl.net, mister-wong, spurl, backflip etc.
5. Submit more articles… Yup, you can’t do it enough. You may need to hire a writer.
6. Forum posting. You need a lot of these posts to make it count, but it’s worth it. 7.Just make your posts worthy of actually being read.
8. Offer to write some guest posts for bloggers and leave links to your site as well.
9. Get listed in directories like DMOZ and Yahoo. This should be done early on if possible.
10. Write a press release. But make sure you actually have some news first and don’t do this too often.
11. Start an affiliate program. If you have an affiliate program for your site than you are going to have marketers linking to your site for you, and all you need to do is give them a commission on any sales.

I hope these helps

Горе