New, upcoming WordPress version 3.8

Blinky

Owner
Thanks to what I red and a member of the forum, I want to start this thread about the upcoming new WordPress version 3.8.

What can I say, I saw few things that are great, new, attractive and useful, like the well-known default WordPress theme: Twenty Fourteen. Also, the old version 3.7 does not have a lot of features and plugins updates, unlike the new 3.8 WordPress version, planed to be launched after the WordCamp San Fransisco in December.

Something interesting: http://make.wordpress.org/core/2013/10/23/mp6-3-8-proposal/

Responsive

Over 50% of American adults own smartphones
20% of people worldwide own a smartphone.
1/17 people worldwide own a tablet.

WordPress 3.8 Dashboard:

dash.jpg

New Themes Added:

themes.jpg

Admin Search:

admin-search.jpg

Anyone has more information on the new WordPress 3.8? Would love to hear you opinions. :)

Buy the way, the new WP version will be all about mobile and interactivity. :)

@Blinky, great announcement. I haven't seen it as an information on the net. Thanks for letting us know. By the way, WordPress version 3.7 is not different than what was before then. So, basically, the revolution will come with 3.8, as I can see. And I think the new features will be much more attractive and innovative. There is no secret to everyone, that WordPress leads the list of the best CMSs.

I had the chance to update an Opencart version to 3.6, and I noticed that the elements are really interactive and modern. You how WP, and you know what to expect from the team.

@Blinky, great announcement. I haven't seen it as an information on the net. Thanks for letting us know. By the way, WordPress version 3.7 is not different than what was before then.

Yeap, the new WordPress 3.8 features confirmed the following stuff - MP6, dashboard update and widgets makeover. Anyway, the official date of the new version is December. Well, one thing is for sure, most of us using WP can wait to see it.

Yeap, the new WordPress 3.8 features confirmed the following stuff - MP6, dashboard update and widgets makeover. Anyway, the official date of the new version is December. Well, one thing is for sure, most of us using WP can wait to see it.
Can wait, hope to be before Christmas. :) I am sure that the guys from WordPress will do their best, but I have something on me mind when it comes to updates. :)

Can wait, hope to be before Christmas. :) I am sure that the guys from WordPress will do their best, but I have something on me mind when it comes to updates. :)
If it will be on my BD, will be one of the greatest presents I will ever have. :)

Good joking. I expect a lot of the so called new WordPress version 3.8. Till December, we will see how much updates will come up. As I mentioned it, there will be at least 3-4, till 3.7.5 or more. Well, that means only one thing, the guys out there are working hard and the system is growing, not only with the digits. :)

От: New, upcoming WordPress version 3.8

I just hope they don't break the plugins and themes with the new update.

Re: От: New, upcoming WordPress version 3.8

The updates are mostly in the core and will not effect the plugins as long as the authors of that plugins are not stopping the updates to them. But I think that the most popular, premium and useful plugins won't get hurt. Before the date, there should be some backups. :) As I wrote, It won't be necessary, but just in case and also you are creating a good habit. :)

Re: От: New, upcoming WordPress version 3.8

If is there something new about the WordPress vrsion 3.8, will hope people share it here. I am searching for more info, bet what I am finding is what most sites write about. The forums are also not full of topic about that.

But, according to my experience, the update will be nothing more than normal one. All you need is to follow the instructions and make a back up before that update. Like @Blinky said, just in case. From time to time thing are not going the way we want. ;)

Горе