What is SEO in a few words?

Blinky

Owner
Search Engine Optimization is the way in which you drive massive amounts of free traffic from search engines. Of course, we need to learn the basics of it, and consequently the tricks, that will get us on the top positions.

nvh9.jpg

Search engines often find millions of pages for certain keywords and your website can be pushed down on page # 100 or worse if is not properly optimitzated. Building a website or adapting a site to go to on the first or second page of the results in search engines is one of the most popular services offered in the network - so it is well-paid and valuable service.

Search engines and directories are always changing the way they find and rank pages by continually bases.

So, SEO is basically a part of the marketing (SEM - Search Engine Marketing), practiced by people, who want their traffic to come from search engines, naturally.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

От: What is SEO in a few words?

I think that this infographic might be useful for beginners and not only. People say that SEO is dead and it doesn't work anymore but these factors are still valid (my opinion).

SearchEngineLand-Periodic-Table-of-SEO-2013-large.png

credit: search engine land

Прикачени файлове

• SearchEngineLand-Periodic-Table-of-SEO-2013-large.jpg
    SearchEngineLand-Periodic-Table-of-SEO-2013-large.jpg
    130.1 KB · Преглеждания: 1
Wow, this is nice-looking infograhic. And to tell you the true it looks well-structured and informative as well. The author knows what exactly he writes about.

We can see that he has also placed the elements correctly, the way they brings weight to your SEO. The SEO is not dead, just has changed through the years and this infographic is telling us what are the main thing we should look for when we start doing it.

От: What is SEO in a few words?

Yes, I also think that it couldn't be better structured and more informative. SEO has changed since Google introduced several updates in their algorithm. You just need to be more careful with the link building and put more efforts in on-page optimization and content. I think that this is the reason why people say SEO is dead - they just don't know what exactly it means. But I hope this infographic will help them understand that SEO is not "blasting thousands of links to your website".

Great infographic. Thanks for sharing it with us. We all know the main keywords here - content, value, quality, related authority links, sharing.

I do not think that we have to reject linking as a main part of the SEO process. Well, you need to do it smart. People say that SEO is dead, because they can not manipulate the algorithm the way they did it before. Now the network is much more user oriented. And the algorithm follows the social tendencies, not the opposite. ;)

So, you can be sure that if there is something new and innovative, and people like it, Google will adapt his algorithm to it.

In order to increase traffic to your website and improve your web site's ranking in the search engines you may need to increase your websites' popularity. This means increasing the number of other relevant websites that link to your site.

* Manual Directories submission (be careful and select only top quality ones)
* Deep linking (internal pages)
* Social Bookmark submission
* Article Submission
* Blog submission (for new Blog sites)

These will help you get back link on your website. Link building is the most important part of the SEO. Link building increase the page rank of the site. Nowadays is also know as link earning, because you should get your links naturally, not by adding them on site on your own. :)

Linkbuilding is off-page optimization technique where we made links as article etc.

1. Write only relevant, original and useful content in your website (regularly)

2. Go for Do follow Social Bookmarking and Online Forums

3. Go for Do follow Blog Commenting

4. Go for Do follow Article Submissions and PR Submissions

Горе