Any ideas and advises about our new site ?

идея

Рейтинг - 100%
9   0   0
Hi guys,
It is an Art Marketplace for artists, crafters and artisans.
They can create their own online store , display and sell their art and crafts on the site.
We are still working on it but the Original paintings category is almost completed.
We will appreciate any suggestions , advices or comments.
Thank you!

Последно редактирано:
От: Re: Any ideas and advises about our new site ?

Thank you Blinky!
The titles of the internal pages come from the artists. They create their own pages for each of their items.
So, some of them has quite long titles.
Do you think, that too long titles are bad for the SEO ?

They add them? Hm, if so, nothing you can do. :)

Too long titles are just defocusing Google on the main key words. But, hey, there is a good thing about it - not so long time ago, Google decided to display in the SERRs the keyword, typed by the person, which are in the title as well. You see it often - Best Swimming Shorts...... Red Color.....XL

One think you should consider - make sure they do their best to add only unique content. :)

They add them? Hm, if so, nothing you can do. :)

We can limit the characters in the title field , but I'm afraid some of the artists could be dissatisfied.

Too long titles are just defocusing Google on the main key words. But, hey, there is a good thing about it - not so long time ago, Google decided to display in the SERRs the keyword, typed by the person, which are in the title as well. You see it often - Best Swimming Shorts...... Red Color.....XL

One think you should consider - make sure they do their best to add only unique content. :)

Yeah, this is a big problem because many of the artist are displaying their art on other websites.
They just copy/paste content (like biography, descriptions of the artworks or even titles) from the other sites to our. I think we cannot avoid that.
What you think?

Great site, mate. Keep us up with all of the updates there. Now is time to promote it. Strongly recommend you the online communities, that well find it interesting opportunity. ;)
Thank you !
What you mean "online communities"
We are on FB , T, P and instagram but I think you have something different in mind. Haven't you?

Re: От: Re: Any ideas and advises about our new site ?

Yeah, this is a big problem because many of the artist are displaying their art on other websites.
They just copy/paste content (like biography, descriptions of the artworks or even titles) from the other sites to our. I think we cannot avoid that.
What you think?

I see. I think that copy-pasting won't give much chances in SEs, especially in Google. You can ask them for this, it is another thing if there will be any result. You can add something like: "If you want to reach more people in SEs, please add unique and well-written content."

Online communities - forums, discussion boards. If you want, go social - it is a great way to attract the users you want. ;)

От: Any ideas and advises about our new site ?

Yes, this is an idea. We have to think about that.
I know a good English art forum but probably we need to looking for more.

Great! Like it.
Except the logo.
What about this one
new-logo.png
Or something with completely different concept.
It would be a good idea to make the header sticky. Top and pod_top divs together.

Most recently added products
Change it to:
Most recent products
Recent products
Newly added products
or
Recently added products
it sounds better

Make the terms pages font same as in the store.

Keep going

Thank you Agatha,

We have copied "Most recently added" from ebay
but you are right, it doesn't sound good.

I would appreciate if you comment the logo.
What is wrong with the left one or why the right one is better then the left one

10418348_10152183337263414_7392796946345640327_n.jpg

It would be a good idea to make the header sticky. Top and pod_top divs together.

That is an idea but could you be more specific or give me a link with an example

Прикачени файлове

• logo-200 agata.jpg
    logo-200 agata.jpg
    24.7 KB · Преглеждания: 0

I want to say that I am not a designer and this is just my personal opinion but as a web developer I occasionally make website logos similar to yours.
spestete-bg.png logo.jpg
To me, your logo looks a bit messy. The use of letters with and without background as well as small and capital letters and the change in colors makes it seem a bit too much.

I want to say that I am not a designer and this is just my personal opinion but as a web developer I occasionally make website logos similar to yours.
Виж файлът 10621 Виж файлът 10622
To me, your logo looks a bit messy. The use of letters with and without background as well as small and capital letters and the change in colors makes it seem a bit too much.

Thank you for the opinion,

"The use of letters with and without background as well as small and capital letters" is for get a unique word from two casual words.

If we stay on two words with small letters : art you could get many confusing situations.

For example:

If a customer write something like that in his FB:
"On art you you can find a lot of interesting paintings"

instead of

"On ArtYou you can find a lot of interesting paintings"

even Artyou does not solve the problem
because is not easy understandable which two are these words.

A next important reason we have chosen ArtYou is that we will try to be a very social site.
All social networks are working with square logos.
So one of the first priority is to create a good square view for your logo too.
Here is ours and how it looks at FB. what you think?

10498574_10152184402323414_3732734025998112898_o.jpg

Последно редактирано:

There is another question which I would like to discus.

Some of the artists sell paintings or drawings which contain nudit*y like this one:

big_018aaa.jpg

I understand, this is not big deal, but google is very sensitive to words like nud*e etc. which could be in the Title or description of the item.

We are thinking to restrict such pages as "no follow"
But from the other point these artists need to sell their art as well. They need people who is looking for that kind of art to find them.

So, does anyone has any advice for solving this problem ?

Love the idea, content and the pics. You don't have to worry about original content there, heh. :) Love your Facebook page, too. Way to go!

Горе