Create Your Own Infographic - Tools To Do It

Blinky

Owner
You already know the phrase "A picture is worth a thousand words". Here comes the infographics, you can say hundreds of thousands of words with images well-combined with text and digits. Just ask yourself the question- Which will you choose? Reading an article with more than 1000 words or a simple infographic telling all in a few scrolls. We all know the answer here, right? As a professional marketer, you know that colored charts and illustrations deliver connections better than tables, texts and figures. Also, readers prefer to share graphics and video more, instead of an article. You can make an research to see that.

It is a myth that you have to a good designer to make a well-looking infographics. Yes, it is better to make it by using Photoshop and other similar products, but now there are a lot of online tools, that you can use to create one. So, take a minute to see how you can do that with no time. More here: http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/infographic-tools/

Now, I will share something from my experience. As you have already noticed - infographics contain valuable information. It depends on you what infographic will you make - about yourself, about the niche you are into, social, political, finance, economic, mental and etc.

Tips:

• I noticed that marketers use different resources in order to collect the information they need and integrated in the infographic. A nice resource could be Google Trends, whre you can find trends of what you are about to write (create).
  • You can use statistic sites, where you can grab the necessary information and make it infographic. Mentioning the resource is important. That way people will see that information is correct and true.
  • Choose your style. Do not forget that you must choose and stick to a style that your infographic will carry. What does it means? Well, your information could be presented in a funny and interesting way, or could stick to the serious. For some niches (such as finance, health, political) serious style is recommended.
  • Make it by sticking to 2 main points - giving valuable information and making readers sharing it. All like design, structure, images, text and etc. come second.
  • Your infographic must be - detailed, short, clear, right to the point, interesting, colorful, well-designed.
  • Innovative. If you can think of something unique and not seen before - just include it.

Hope you like it. Will wait for your opinions.

От: Create Your Own Infographic - Tools To Do It

Blinky, very helpful post. I found infographics soon and this help me to find the easy way to make them. Thanks again and for your advices. :)

For now I am interested in ways of making infographics only. My first not-so-successful attempt was with Photoshop. But I'm definitely interested and I think to grow in this area. In the future I will share some of my work here. :)

For now I am interested in ways of making infographics only. My first not-so-successful attempt was with Photoshop. But I'm definitely interested and I think to grow in this area. In the future I will share some of my work here. :)
I am also interested in such a content. I see that it works great for sites and companies.

Everyone who can create them will get a lot of links and traffic to his site. Can say the same for those who can create videos. Hope you will share with us your portfolio once you done it. ;) Good luck and would it be great to share how you collect information and statistics. I personally use Google Trends and some informative blogs and news. ;)

I am also interested in such a content. I see that it works great for sites and companies.

Everyone who can create them will get a lot of links and traffic to his site. Can say the same for those who can create videos. Hope you will share with us your portfolio once you done it. ;) Good luck and would it be great to share how you collect information and statistics. I personally use Google Trends and some informative blogs and news. ;)

I first watch for interesting content for my infographics and then I start to search some statistic in Google. More difficult part for me is to find different ideas for content. I`m sure that there are other people who are interested in infographics and can share some ideas with us. :wink:

Реакции: Brum
I first watch for interesting content for my infographics and then I start to search some statistic in Google. More difficult part for me is to find different ideas for content. I`m sure that there are other people who are interested in infographics and can share some ideas with us. :wink:

I see. I thought that the hart part comes with the graphics and images in the infographics. Well, as a designer, you won't have any problems, but if you're mostly technical, you will do.

Infographs are great way to share valiable content with your auditance. And every good marketer knows it. For example, if you are in the pets niche, your infographic should be about ... let's say dogs...breeds. Yes, that's right, breeds. Which is the most popular in USA, how much does it lives every single one, how much does it cost to take care for every single one and etc. This will be really interesting and educational as well, which makes it valiable. I can give a good example for the forum....hope Blinky will take it in his mind.....about the webmaster tools. The questions are the same:

1. Which one...
2. How much it costs...
3. What it he RIO of every one...
4. Most popular..

This will be great...and a lot of webmaster sites will start sharing it. But the research is the hard work here. ;)

That one looks interesting:

c3d6685b1128ce33fc6725c813adf321.jpg

@$INeed$, I will think of that. Need research, as you wrote and good designer, they are around us here. :) Any other ideas....will be great stuff for the En forum and its popularization. ;)

Re: От: Create Your Own Infographic - Tools To Do It

Wow, would be so nice to give us an example. Done and ready to take a place somewhere on the web. :)

Most of the infographics that I see are made by designers. The once that are made by tools are great as well, but only if you done it with a paid online tool. Otherwise, it looks really nooby and won't bring you want. Have a little experience here, but mostly with watching and sharing infographics. :) So, one thing can confirm for sure - they could be a valuable resource for your web site traffic of the site.

Yes, I would give example, but for now I just make tests and want to make something really good then I will post here. By the way I found one very interesting infographic - see here.

Yes, I would give example, but for now I just make tests and want to make something really good then I will post here. By the way I found one very interesting infographic - see here.

This one is great. As far as I can see it is .gif, which is mush more attractive than a static one. Nice to have such a infographic. I will list it here:

The-Author-Rank-Building-Machine.gif

You need and advanced designer here. Don't know the price, but the hard work here is mostly in the discussion (with the designer) how to do it, instead of collecting the info.

Have many ways to show the same information and each of the ways will have an impact differently on different people. Here the work of the designer really is harder than collecting info. It`s very creative. :)

Have many ways to show the same information and each of the ways will have an impact differently on different people. Here the work of the designer really is harder than collecting info. It`s very creative. :)

I know really good designers that will take and create wonderful things. ;)

Let us know, one you finish yours. Would be nice to see and in which niche they are.

Yes, there are a lot of new and interesting ways to present the information to your public. Infographics are one of the tools to do it in great details and colors as well. As a marketer, I noticed through the years, that the best way to educate someone is to give him the needed information in a way he is ready to take it in his mind. And what best from images, digits, short messages and some colors around them? There is another great thing about infographics. You can give a lot of information in not more than 3-4 mouse scrows. :)

I think that the thread here has to be fill out with more examples. I will give one:

social-business-infographic-large-b.png

I recommend to read it. It is not only well done, but it's good to know what people have showed there.

If I translate some infographic and change the design did I make Copyright Infringement?

Re: От: Create Your Own Infographic - Tools To Do It

If I translate some infographic and change the design did I make Copyright Infringement?

Well, the collected information is a work that the webmaster involved in this, so it could be kind of Copyright Infringement. May be if you put it in a different way and use your own word, could be OK.

Thanks Blinky, I'm still at the beginning of this and some things confuse me - I do not want to infringing :)

Горе