FREE access to Gettyimages.com images galleries

Brum

As you all know Gettyimages.com is a web site, having millions of images collected in its galleries. Now the web site gives the chance to all bloggers, webmasters, marketers to get free access to 35 million images. Yes, you wrote it well. All for free. But why?

Basically, all images have this tiny little label on all images. It looks like a transparent square sign. Getty Images removes this on some of the images, allowing you to use those images without paying a damm fee. The users will have an access to a program, which will add a link in the right bottom part of the image. The link will be leading to the licence page of the site. If the image does not have such a link, it means that is not one of those 35 million images, that are given for free. Actually, this is now free.

The main goal of Gettyimages.com is to fight against copyrighting violations and stealing. So, one of the biggest stock image web sites decided to gives away some of the images in its collection, all you need to do is to add this HTML code (with the images and the link). That way people from Getty Images will have the chance to see where the images is posted and does it break any rules of usage. For me, it is a well-done marketing strategy for attracting more visitors to their web site. But this is only my personal opinion. :)

Ok, enjoy your free images here: Gettyimages.com

Wow, thanks for sharing this useful information. I also think that is not for free. Adding code to somewhere under your image in the post is not 100% free. They give you the images, but want something in return. Far away from what I know is FREE. :)

Doesn't look good. Free means something else in this case. :)

Горе