How to change the name of a Facebook page with more than 200 likes

Mr. George

Hello,

I decided to share this method with all of you because I personally did it by myself. I changed the name of my page that has 20,000, few days ago.

May be many of you have Facebook pages with more than 200 fans. May be you want to change the name of it too. There is a solution for this. I tried a few method that doesn’t work anymore. This method is successful by the moment I am writing this. I felt very good when I logged on FB and found that my pages has the desired name now.

To change the name you need to use the option “Request change” which can be found in the Page Info tab, “Name”. Here comes the problem, it is only available for the US and may be a few other countries. The good news are that you don’t need profile registered in United States nor to change your location in any way. You just need to visit the page from a US IP. Here is the way to do that:

You need to have Firefox browser installed, then install this add-on: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/anonymox/ After that a new icon will pop up in your browser, click on it and mark the option Active, last pick US as a country. Look at the picture.

attachment.php

After activating the add-on. Log in your admin profile in Facebook. Open the page which name you want to change. Go to the admin panel than click Edit Page >> Update Page Info. On "Name" you will have the "Request Change" option if everything worked well. It should be there no matter what your page category is. Mine page was in Local Business category. I can guarantee that the method is working on Local Businesses pages. If it don’t works in other categories you can always change your page category..

After you click on "Request Change". You will see that:

attachment.php

Click on I understand. Chose what your pages is then click on the button that confirms you still want to change your page name.

Than fill in the required information: Current Page Name, Desired Page Name Carefully watch for mistakes. Chose the reason for changing the name. isspelled sounds good.

Now you have to upload a document which proves the change of your business name or that your name is misspelled.

attachment.php

This is the most interesting part because I’m almost sure that you don’t have the document we need. Don’t be I had to change just a number from something 2013 to something 2014. This is what I did: I made a new cover of the page which has the new name of the page in it. Than I attached the image. Not a single document, just attach the image. After 2 days the change will be made.

If you are rebranding your business and upload a document about it your chances are getting bigger. If you have just a fun spammy page like “I don’ like to eat with a knife and a fork, I use hands” you can do the cover thing which will happen too in most of the cases, I think. There is no 100% guarantee, but you don’t lose a thing for trying it :).

Write here if you have question or if you made it write what exactly you have done.

Прикачени файлове

• Firefox add-ons.jpg
    Firefox add-ons.jpg
    13.4 KB · Преглеждания: 38
  • change name Form.jpg
    change name Form.jpg
    27.3 KB · Преглеждания: 39
  • request to change.png
    request to change.png
    53.6 KB · Преглеждания: 38
Последно редактирано от модератор:
Реакции: Rock
How do I change my Page name?

Great thread, man. Thanks for sharing it with us. :)

How can I change my page name after 200+ likes?

I think that works for names written in Cyrillic too. I wrote that I want to change my name from Bulgarian to English. Today I received a message that the change is successful.

How To Change Your Facebook Fan Page Name

For those that have problems with finding the Request Change option:

Verify that you are using an US IP adress
Change FB language to English
Clean your cache and cookies

Change the name of the Facebook Page for your business

I did everything step by step and requested the name change. They answered me that they will send me an e-mail with the result. After that I got that e-mail:
Hi,

We may be able to assist you with this request. In order to update your Page name, please respond to this email with official documentation that shows the name you've requested for your Page.

Examples of appropriate documentation include:

• A utility bill
• Your local business license (issued by your city, county, state, etc.)
• A tax file for your business
• A membership card or certificate to a professional organization or guild

For more information about Pages, please visit our Help Center at https://www.facebook.com/help/pages.

These changes may take up to 3 days to process. Please note that you may only request to change your Page name once. Additionally, please note we are not supporting username changes at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thanks,

The Facebook Team
I attached the “documents” described in the beginning of the thread. Hope it is enough. Anyone received message like that?

*I tried to change a Cyrillic name too, but for me the method didn’t work well. I wanted to do Cyrillic to Cyrillic change. This is what I received :
Unfortunately, we do not support Page name change requests in your language at this time. We are working hard to start supporting this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience. In the meantime, please visit the Pages help center for all other Page related questions at http://www.facebook.com/help/pages
*I think it works only for Bulgarian to English not from Bulgarian to Bulgarian, because the editors don’t understand it. English->English works fine! :)

How to Change Your Name on Facebook

I want to praise myself for changing the method a little !

I’ve sent them some documents that I own a site that has a domain and a name that are just like the new name of my page. I made a page that proves that. It contained that I (my fb account name) have sent a request for name change for the page (link to the page). I’ve sent them the link too. Don’t know which of them worked, but the change was approved.

Have to say that the change came a bit late after 18 days of the request.
I have a question too. Someone has an idea about merging more than two pages ?

Should I do it step by step or merging them at once Is a better idea?*

After creating a new page I have some nasty numbers after the name…How to remove them ?

Can You Change Your Facebook Page Name?

mantaman каза:
After creating a new page I have some nasty numbers after the name…How to remove them ?

How did you create your page ? By merging, changing name, transforming profile into page etc ?
идея каза:
I have a question too. Someone has an idea about merging more than two pages ?
Should I do it step by step or merging them at once Is a better idea?

Never did a merge…I want to merge two of my pages and keep the name of the smaller one ? Is it possible ?

Perhaps you cannot merge pages that have truly different names. What different means ? That is told by the editor that is reviewing your request/

Example: They will not merge “Dogs” with “Dogs and Cats”, but they can merge “Dogs and Cats” with “Cats and Dogs”

I’ve did a request for merging two days ago and now I’m waiting? I really read a lot of info.

The interesting here is that the form I filled in is now missing. Anyone knows why is that ?

That is the form https://www.facebook.com/help/contac...39773372797502

There is a video with some explanations: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khfdLLG0fu0

There is a man in BHW that complained about that they refused his request for changing the name from type of abcdefg to abc defg. I think it all depends on the editor. The main rule that they are following is to not stress the fans with the name change.

mantaman каза:
Here is how: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOggepuNAIc

Changing the name on your Facebook fan page

There is a form for merging that is available only to US IPs. Are you talking about it ? Tell if your request gets approved. :p

Good work with the method. It worked for me too. It happened for less than 10 hours. I had a fashion page with 8 000 fans. I wanted to sell it because I was in need of a page for one of my stores. I requested the change; the only problem was the url in the name. I’ve changed the name and everything happened for just a few hours. My page is Bulgarian. I made a cover with the new name and a link to my site. Thank I did a little html page proving I’m the owner and I really want to change the name of the page. That’s it. It was ready in the morning. This method saved me a lot of time!

Change your Business Facebook Page Name / Over 200 Likes

Fellows, I’ve done this to one of my pages but for the other one I can’t see the request page ? How to solve this because the page is important for me. Thanks.

Mr. George каза:
There is a form for merging that is available only to US IPs. Are you talking about it ? Tell if your request gets approved. :p
Yeah, that is the form. I will write here when there is a result.
tatriki каза:
Fellows, I’ve done this to one of my pages but for the other one I can’t see the request page ? How to solve this because the page is important for me. Thanks.
Are you talking about merging or changing the name ?

A Trick to change Facebook page name after 200 likes

Can you tell me what documentation you’ve sent? I want to change the name of an English page because now I have a site and I want the page to have the same name. Thanks in advance

I have a few Bulgarian pages (3, 400k fans) and I want to merge them, but they are with general purpose and have nothing in common. How to do it ?

Change Facebook Page Name After 200+ Likes

Hyper каза:
Can you tell me what documentation you’ve sent? I want to change the name of an English page because now I have a site and I want the page to have the same name. Thanks in advance.

Read the whole thread, I think you can’t use urls in the page name, but you can make a cover that contains the name of the site and request a change? There is no guarantee, but just try J

mnnedialkov каза:
I have a few Bulgarian pages (3, 400k fans) and I want to merge them, but they are with general purpose and have nothing in common. How to do it ?

If the names are different I don’t think you can do it. First try to make the names be the same, but if it doesn’t work again, you will have a few pages with the same name, which is bad. For pages in English there is no problem with merging, but for other languages there is no data.*

If the pages are Bulgarian with different names and posts that are the same, is there a chance for merging ? What happens with the dubbed likes ? Can you send me link to the form ? J

Wow, great one. I will share it. Never knew that is possible. Thanks for that great information. ;)

Горе