Placing Site On Different Locations. How?

foxigri

Hello,

Can I, similar to the big sites, put my site on different servers? For example, I have a few VPS packages. One in America and one in Europe. Can I make it for a user from America to pop the American server and for Europe users to pop the European one. How to do the trick with the DNS servers. How to add the DNSs of the both servers and of course is it possible to that.

Последно редактирано от модератор:
It can be done with DNS views. It is supported by bind and djbdns. The better solution for your case may be CDN.

You can do it by using subdomains. For example the US site will be usa.domain.com and you connect it with the US VPS and the EU one will be eu.domain.com and it will be connected to the European service. This is the easiest way for a beginner, but you will have to change your stuff on two sites and that means your work will be multiplied by 2.

Different domains = different sites :)

I think this will work for me, but I didn’t understand what DNS server you put on a domain and where to put the domain? On the both servers?

You should make the subdomains and create an A entry with the IP of the VPS, on which you want to load the desired sub domain.

The options vary, because of the content and of your requirements.

We can add to the above, that you can use a DNS service with a fault tolerance, not views. Dynect are offering this, I think.

You have to consider, that no matter of the solution, there is a chance of a mistake, because of the number of clients which use remote DNS servers. For example a Bulgarian with the DNS servers of Google will open the US version of the site, not the EU one.

If the site is opening one DB you have to configure it too with a replication such as master-master. You don’t have to connect your content to a remote DB server.

The solution is trivial and you will need to check on your needs.

Blinky каза:
That is the best, because you have a network and a better structure.

The question I asked is for a single site. I didn’t understand the second part of your sentence. :)

Горе