Problems with the Import in an Online Store - Open Cart

lqllqlq

Hello,

Please give me a hand here, because I have made a mistake with the import and want to know where could be the problem. Here I go:

I have and excel ordered in colons with the relevant categories, sub-categories and more. The separation is made with comma (,). I try to do the import with the CSV Import Pro, and also with Total Import Pro in order to add it into the store.

What happens:

The import code of the product, bar code, quantity, image do not want to be added in a category / sub-category and the titles, descriptions and attributes don't show at all.

Виж файлът 7789

Here is a screenshot of the settings. Could I mistake there? Don't know.

Прикачени файлове

• import.jpg
    import.jpg
    33.2 KB · Преглеждания: 13
Последно редактирано от модератор:
How to Import Product CSV File into my Online Store

Into the CSV file is a must every description to be in a colon with double commas ("). That way you will prevent the incorrect reading of the commas (,) in the descriptions and/or titles.

Problem with Importing products in an Excel Speadsheet in OpenCart

If you are trying to add sizes to your products as an attribute, this won't do. I add it as an option, with the Total Import Pro, because the other one adds options, specification of the supprot of the developers.

If you have taken the module by the "other way", you should not bother them, because they will ask for your buyer ID. Try it, you can find your case there, anyway.

I think that the problem could be in some symbols in the titles or descriptions, like §, ", '

Opencart Import Problem - CSV

@Blinky, I haven't tried it. It is in my office and today will let you know.

@buymore - there is no logic in this. The lines are 1100, adds the titles to 100 of the products, but 5 of them puts in a wrong category. And adds the others with now titles, descriptions and what so ever, as I mentioned in above.

About the sizes. I want them as an attribute, because not all of the products have sizes, so I decided to those with the sizes to be different products, and the size to be an attribute.

EDIT: I do not think that the problem could be in the double commas, because the descriptions are with not mote that 2-3 words with no commas there. There is also no strange symbols.

CSV Import PRO import problem

You are mistaking somewhere. When I'm having such an issue, the reasons for that are the ", names, and other symbols, that CSV file do not import correctly.

Import products as csv file

You are mistaking somewhere. When I'm having such an issue, the reasons for that are the ", names, and other symbols, that CSV file do not import correctly.

It is a well-known fact that I am mistaking, the question is where? I told you before, I do the import when I develop a store and I can not work with that tool as a pro, because I am not using it often. It's probably something small, that I have been missing, like the time you help me with the import of the products and their images, that were not working properly.

What is the problem with the duplicate names? Which? Category, product?

CSV Import Pro - Uploading products in opencart

If you are trying to add sizes to your products as an attribute, this won't do. I add it as an option, with the Total Import Pro, because the other one adds options, specification of the supprot of the developers.

If you have taken the module by the "other way", you should not bother them, because they will ask for your buyer ID. Try it, you can find your case there, anyway.

I think that the problem could be in some symbols in the titles or descriptions, like §, ", '

About the size, is logical and I haven't red it before, but the situation here is kind of different. I have these in the separate colons:
1. Name of the product
2. Size
3. Color
4. Material

The problem is that a product with certain name and size, but different color has different product code for every single color. No matter what I do, this means 2 different products for uploading, and this is not the problem. So, I decided to do it like this - every size to be just an attribute.

Problem with Import data CSV to OpenCart

I saw the file and I think that the problem is with the huge number of repeating product names. I turn on an filler and they become just 215 products. As and solution, I recommend to use the Merge multi-row products function, located in the third step of the Total import, which will unite the products with the same names, but will add a separator where it has differences.

I didn't have the time to text it, so I could be mistaking.
I skip the material in the edited file that I sent you. But is could work as it with color, size.

If you still want to add them with attributes, you should add something unique to the names of the products. For example, different text font, but that way you will have a lot of product with duplicated descriptions, images and etc.

You will add 1000 products, but their real amount is 200 with different options.

I saw that with the title, but it is one product - 5 varieties and all of them having different product codes. I haven't realize it, that this could be the problem. Thanks a lot for your help. Will text it and will write here. Once again, thanks for your time, you spent on my problem.

I fount better solution here, in just 3 steps with the Total import. Just type the following functions:

2013_11_22_083827.jpg

Update the products with an ID, because the SKU has comma. Clear every formatting of the file, even the bold part, and use your file here.

This way you will get and SIZE option, which will have different options of the size and material combinations. In the end, you will add 215 product, instead of 1000.

You will have something like this:

Size:
XXL-100%la-la-la
L-50%something-green
S-100% la-la-la-blue

Now I noticed one more problem, the different options have different prices, which is more than the system can take. :)
The logic that Opencart follows as a shopping cart platform is that you can different prices to the main price. With the Total import you can only the price, but can not count the differences between main price and the price of the separate options. You do not know which one is the main price.
I can not see other solution except correcting them manually. If someone has ideas, please share them with us.

Now I noticed one more problem, the different options have different prices, which is more than the system can take. :)
The logic that Opencart follows as a shopping cart platform is that you can different prices to the main price. With the Total import you can only the price, but can not count the differences between main price and the price of the separate options. You do not know which one is the main price.
I can not see other solution except correcting them manually. If someone has ideas, please share them with us.

Editing it manually? Which part of the import file? Title? Price? I am so lost in those things....

I thought that could be done with the price, the size to be added in the title as it's in the excel file. That way is not necessary to have attributes. If the sizes are in the titles as an addition, won't have any duplicate products, or I am mistaking here?

The problem comes with the way prices and options are added to OpenCart

For example:
Size XXL has price 20 lev
Size L has price 15 leva

Let say that the regular price is 15 leva in the import table, it should look like this: XXL:10:5:0:0|L:10:0:0:0
In other words: in the row - name of the option:quantity:added value to the regular price:weight:sorting row
Or, if OpenCart does not add value to the regular price, it's much easier to add the price of 20 leva in that case, instead of adding value.
I think that there is a module, which can chance it, but can not find it.

If you add part of the options in the title, yes, that way you will add 1000 products. Wow, I've never thought that will lead us to dead end. If someone can help here, let's share his opinion.

Import in an Online Store - Open Cart

I don't know is there any point to think of it, there is no easy solution of the problem. What I think that could solve the problem to some point is:
The excel file should be edited as follows:

1. Size, material and color go in the title of the product. That way will prevent the duplication in the titles.

#1 is not solving the problem, because there are products with similar titles, materials, and sizes. They are different by pattern, and pattern can`t be described as only one color, so :

2. Adding all 1100 coloms, and it does`t matter that they are 220 products. After that, the extension can create combinations with the products and turn them into product attributes. A little bit strange combination and solution, but....

Последно редактирано:
Issue: Import in an Online Store - Open Cart

@СТАН, is there any module that could change variates / options of the products - the price goes the same in both, not to be added?
I am pretty sure, that there is something like that.
Because if you need to edit them 1000, this is something far harder than editing 200 products. For example:

1piy.jpg

I found it here, but you should cut "+" and "-", and there is no guarantee how Total import will add them. Anyway, do whatever your think is OK... :mrgreen:

Re: Issue: Import in an Online Store - Open Cart

@СТАН, is there any module that could change variates / options of the products - the price goes the same in both, not to be added?
I am pretty sure, that there is something like that.
Because if you need to edit them 1000, this is something far harder than editing 200 products. For example:

1piy.jpg

I found it here, but you should cut "+" and "-", and there is no guarantee how Total import will add them. Anyway, do whatever your think is OK... :mrgreen:

If I take it, will it work as I describe it in step 3 with Total import?

Bla-bla-bla and another 1- symbols.

Горе