Snapchat rejected Facebook offer for 3 bilion dollars

Blinky

Owner
One of the most fast growing social networks - Snapchat was one of the main targets of Facebook. According to Wall Street Journal, the biggest social network purposed the amount of 3 billion dollars to buy the application, but the offer was rejected.

The CEO of Snapchat, Evan Spiegel (Stanford University student) does not want to sell its profitable investment to Facebook. According to people opinions, he believe in the application and he think it has future.

[video=youtube;_Q15iedSotc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q15iedSotc[/video]

Snapchat was officially presented in 2012 and its popularity has become huge. The main feature if the app is that thanks to it the users can send photos and text messages, which can disappear within few seconds. That way they can be sure, that the information won't be found by other people. According to statistics, the amount of messages via Snapchat are around 350 millions per day. Nice!

You can read more about the application here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapchat

Does anyone has this app on his phone? Would be great to give some opinion here. Once I get my hands on the new smartphone will check it out.

Never used it. Will take a look. Normal messenger with one or two more feature/s. You can become a millionaire even if you add some features to an old thing. For example......Pinterest is just a social site, sharing images and short messages in an interactive way. So....if you want to be millionaire, just start thinking of adding something innovative to an already existing product or service. And this is a back up option. #1 is still inventing something brand new. :)

Anyhow, I thing that they should sell it to Facebook. This app is just great, but I won't give such money for it.

Anyhow, I thing that they should sell it to Facebook. This app is just great, but I won't give such money for it.

Your opinion could be wrong, but also could be right. It is well-known strategy, that if someone offers you 3 billion dollars for your God damm company with no revenues and a service that can be duplicated in a week, take the money and run. You are selling idea, brand and in some case - unique product/service. :)

@$INeed$, you are also right for adding new feature and make it different product from the others on the market. There are a lot of messengers (in this specific case), but one or maybe two things make it unique and you are millionaire. Well, you need more to become one, but you must have the mentioned. ;)

От: Snapchat rejected Facebook offer for 3 bilion dollars

Never used it and honestly - there are planty of social networks already and ppl keep making new ones, so definetly the SMM is getting more and more important and with the constant Google changes more ppl turn side to the social networks to make money instead of insvest ot seo

About the rejected offer - the got big balls definetly :)

Re: От: Snapchat rejected Facebook offer for 3 bilion dollars

3 billion?!? No way! Thats just an advertising of a product....
Yeap. Some people think that this is a great way to make successful PR. That way they will increase the value of the business. Other people think this is a stupit mistake and they will understand it soon. :) I am from the second one.

Yeah, you installed it and now you are their "user" :) That is the way they count users... No matters that you uninstalled it :)
I thought that they count it up and down. If they only count it up, well, there are probably millions of people "using" it on their mobile devices. :)

By the way, after this PR, the "users" are probably more than we think. ;)

Yeah , i even didnt installed it, but the fact that we talk about it is worthing the advertise that they make ;) Sorry for my weak english
Absolutely. The RP that they did was really effective and now I see that the plan behind the rejection of the offer made by Facebook. Anyway, let's face it, the app is nothing unique and Facebook, if they want, they can create one by their own.

Горе