Some important tips for good website design

I have collected few tips and decided to share them with you. They are basic and old dogs are will hardly read something new. But for a beginner would be helpful.​

To create a professional website or blog that catches the eye and hold users, except quality content and well-established structure, we also need a good design to not repel visitors. In this article I have collected few guidelines that may be helpful:

- Use simple graphics / infographics or other multimedia in your website to enhance the performance of a product, service or information

- Dividing the information into small paragraphs that are logically separated. So the reader will more easily read and understand the meaning

- Use a simple fonts for the website content. Avoid very rotated and stylized fonts that repel

- Choose appropriate colors. Choose two basic colors that do not are hard for the eye, use a contrasting nuances where you want to focus on a word or phrase

- Make your design responsive that fits as a smartphone or tablet, well as for widescreen monitor

- As we all know it is not pleasant when you come across of the "Page not found". Make creative design for the 404 page, this will again attract user`s attention

- Make sure each page or post has something to offer as a graphic element and content

- Do not use blinking or moving text and animated gifs (unless this is not the basic theme of the site) that will distract the user

- Avoid pop-ups that annoy the visitor

- Limit long posts - make pagination or divide your information in two parts

- Don`t filled with a lot of text a publication - combined with video or graphics

- Compress the large graphical elements that will slow down the loading site

- Do not make your pages too narrow or too wide

You can top up and with concrete examples. Expect to make useful and informative topic​

Последно редактирано от модератор:
Реакции: Rock
Best Tips for Web Page Design

Bravo, great thread, I am subscribing for it.

Everything is just find, but all the point can not be used if you want to earn some money from ads and sales. Just one clean, fast loading and multipurpose site could like this and at the same time full of ads. Well, this is my personal opinion after all.

Killer web design tips that will make your life easier

Why it should be festooned with ads, if they are added in order not to annoey people, will be OK as well. I don't think that the points are not useful at all, even if you want to earn some money out of sales and ads on your site. Everyone should have an opinion. :)

Why it should be festooned with ads, if they are added in order not to annoy people, will be OK as well. I don't think that the points are not useful at all, even if you want to earn some money out of sales and ads on your site. Everyone should have an opinion. :)

If the ads are added and the visitors are not seeing them, well, what is the point to have them on your site? The truth is that they should annoy people, ugly and obvious - only this way you can generate clink on them. My experience speaks here, because for a make them "invisible" for a long time and the results didn't late - no one clicked on them. On other hand, sites with annoying pop-ups and ads on the half of the screen are with good CTR.

For sure. I was thinking of translating and publishing in the En section of the forum. :) Waiting to see more opinions on this matter. :)

Good Website Design: How to Design a Web Page

For sure. I was thinking of translating and publishing in the En section of the forum. :) Waiting to see more opinions on this matter. :)

I won't be mad at you, if you get it there. :) It should be in the web developing section. :) If you can do that. Will do my best to add all the opinions below your post there. :)

According to what I know and see, great number of the new designs are with big elements on them. Done not only for mobile devises, but it is really nice to have more space and your eye is much more attracts by particular elements. Elements, which the developer wants to be seen. If you look at the design of Mashable, you will see that they successfully focus your attention on their AdSense Ads, big titles, share buttons and the content. The menu of the site and the other not so important elements are "invisible" in reconciliation with what I mentioned at first place. Like a big landing page, having one simple purpose. :)

Последно редактирано:
Firefly, I respect your opinion and understand it in some ways, but not all of it. Let's say that some of the points I mentioned in my first post are not correct if you want to earn money with ads. I can not accept that a site should be junky and with all of this jumping crazy stuff just to earn money from the ads on it. :)

Blinky, later today will post it there.
I have been seeing this modern designs anywhere and they are taking over the net. I like them too. For example, Google has changed the look of their results pages. They use the same style described here - big titles. Facebook also relies on big elements.

The thread is going well. Come on people, waiting for your opinions here. :)

Thanks for sharing it with us. It fully completes the thread and it's useful and up-to-date at the same time. :)

Top tips for designing a business website

Blinky, later today will post it there.
I have been seeing this modern designs anywhere and they are taking over the net. I like them too. For example, Google has changed the look of their results pages. They use the same style described here - big titles. Facebook also relies on big elements.

The thread is going well. Come on people, waiting for your opinions here. :)

The thread is definitely great. Greetings to the author. :)

I will continue posting some interesting stuff, tips and useful advices. Hope more people get involved in it. :)

Последно редактирано:
I've just have translated and published it.

I think that we would be add more valuable information. Of course, there is a lot of, that makes the level of this forum high. :)

Please, keep adding and sharing more resources. Will do my best to give more, won't bury the thread.

Re: Targeting Your Audience Effectively with Good Web Design

http://goodui.org/ Take a look at it - you won't regret. :)

That's a great landing page. Nowadays designs have more spaces and air. Not made only for small displays, but for the eye of the user.

Also, some sites use the social model. You scrolling and scrolling, no ending. And why not, you have category menus, search box. Why you need only 20 products on your home or category page? I am writing about the online shops. ebay is now like that. Products with no ending. :)

One tip from me:

Your visitors can tell you how old a site is by its size. Yes, you heart me. It's about size those days. :) Every year website layouts get bigger as more people get larger monitors, as well as small. Go for the largest layout and show your regular and future visitors you are in step with the times and new tendencies. Incorporate new features that none of your competitors have - you will see around you that is happening. Make your site fresh, unique and contemporary and you will enhance the visitor experience and get more sales.

Горе