What Are the Positive and Negative Sides of the Social Networks

Huk0

This is something that I always wanted to know. I’m generally talking for the Bulgarian network svejo.net. I’m posting my articles there on a regular basis and 6 of them are fresh (featured) and I received a lot of traffic from there. The newest example is an article that got me over 12k impressions till that moment. Things are good, I earn from this but can I get something negative from it. The visitors from there are temporary. A blog with 100 unique visitors a day gets 7 000 visitors for a few days and then what? What Google thinks about it? Positive or negative? Can this help me get bigger PR or higher position in the SERP? These results will not impress the potential partners who can work with me, right? Thanks in advance for your posts and I hope we learn from each other.

Последно редактирано от модератор:
A Good Thing or a Bad Thing? Social Media Sites

Hello! :)

Positives

1. You get traffic – readers that are okay for AdSense
2. Real link – it is better when they give you dofollow links
3. You will get SE traffic which are driven by the title, description or the keywords of your article. I don’t know why, but Google likes social networks.
4. Building your Brand – If you post interesting articles and bookmarking them so they can be seen by everyone.
5. You profile can get PR – this will benefit all your work connected to it.
6. You get traffic from other websites if the network has RSS

Negatives

1. Submitting your articles takes time.
2. You are competing with thousands of users and there is no sure chance to get traffic.
3. You are praying for votes and there is a big chance for the users to not like it.
4. The traffic is not that good – personal opinion, but it all depends on the niche.

If someone can tell something different please do it! I’m sure that there are a lot of people with big knowledge.;)

Последно редактирано:
Social Media Is Both Positive, Negative For Youth

If the traffic is temporary just do it every day. ;)

The Positive and Negative Effects of Social Networking

4. Building your Brand – If you post interesting articles and bookmarking them so they can be seen by everyone.
;)
Excuse me Blinky, but you mean that a single bookmark in my blog can help me with something? Am I right? What really means building a brand. Thank for your time.

Social Media: Positive or Negative effects on society?

Izida каза:
My biggest info for Svejo.net is from you Izida. I’m regularly seeing your news and you are one of the most active users of svejo in the forum.
I’m trying to be a good newsbot and spammer. :wink:

@Huk0, Yes it can work well – well if the traffic gets something interesting in your articles, it will be good for your visitors to come back without knowing your URL. They just will click on the bookmark.

The building of a brand is almost the same with a little bit of differences. It is a real close specialization in the marketing – For example your visitor like your blog and it will be good for them to remember it so they can get to your site next time.

You have to use some mind tricks – find what are the visitors of your articles and why they read It (gender, age, place of living and so on). Try to make them see your brand and remember it.

For example if your visitors are mostly young people you can make your attractive more colorful and attractive. Associate the name of the site or something in the logo with them. When they think for fresh news they have to remember your site.

I will be happy to help you with the branding – it is really one of the most interesting parts of marketing.

@Izida is always posting the freshest things and I will always give her a + :)

Последно редактирано:
The 10 Best and Worst Ways Social Media Impacts Education

Izida is my favourite. :) As soon as I see something posted from her I vote it even before I’ve read it. And sometimes I’m just voting. Blinky, thanks for your posts. :) This is a whole philosophy and a way of thinking. I will try to improve myself and my sites.

Media's Positive & Negative Influence on Teenagers

Thank you, thank you. I really appreciate the attention I’m receiving.
You know what the purpose is. Everyone can post something in the network, but not everyone will be popular. The quantity is not important. The quality is what you should strive for. The trick is to write for something that will be attractive to the readers.

Thank you, thank you. I really appreciate the attention I’m receiving.
You know what the purpose is. Everyone can post something in the network, but not everyone will be popular. The quantity is not important. The quality is what you should strive for. The trick is to write for something that will be attractive to the readers.

You are right but the factors that make an article popular or not are really a lot.

1.The information should be interesting – eventually you will get 10 users to vote for you. If you need more voters the article must be something really unique and interesting.
2.You need your friends – like a said there is a group of people who will always receive my vote and If I post something they will vote it. It will be good if 5 of 10 of your friends there are voting you.
3.You need a lot of luck – Sometimes people are going in the site and just down-vote all the articles so their entry can be shown in front of the others. These idiot can ruin everything. Be ready.
4.When you have enough votes and visits from the network’s own users, the editors will check it and decide to make it featured or not.
5.It is important to have a voting button on your site. This will help you gather some points from people who are not really into the social networking. Unfortunately I can’t really do this and I don’t know why.
Those are the main factors in my opinion. Comments are something positive too. There is a chance for some of my points to be wrong, please correct me if you see something. I’ll be happy to learn something new.

What Are the Positive and Negative Effects of Social Sites

Social networks are source of huge amount of traffic when you use the right strategy for posting articles. In some days I get 500 visitors and only 20-30 of them are subscribing.

This is the negative side. In most of the cases the visitors are people who look for something interesting to read and they are not ready to follow your work. On the other side if you use something like Google AdSense or another PPC network you can get a lot of money from that traffic.

Those sites have to be used. It is something like a train in the desert. Not using them equals walking through the desert on foot. You’ll not enjoy it.

If we get the Bulgarian trains for example I prefer to walk on foot. Associate with the local networks. ;)

I see a lot of people who don’t make a difference between social networks and share networks.

There is a big difference between reddit and linkedin for example. There are some things that are not the same or may be*people are just talking. You should use different strategies when you use a different network.

Izida каза:
If the traffic is temporary just do it every day.

This is not an effective technique. Yes you will get some visitors, but no one likes spammers.
The first rule of social marketing is “Don’t be evil”.

If you non-stop post your own stuff, you will get 5-50 visits from each (depends on the scale). It is not like 0 but still not enough. You are mister Nobody.
If you are just cool and following the tendencies in your niche, you will have a lot of stuff to talk about. Your potential fans will find you as a fresh source of information. You will be better than the other 1241 sites. In the modern social networks every user has its own environment that is made of what he likes and what his fans love. You should follow a lot of people who are likely to read and share your posts.

Try to act as a media. Their friends will see what you are posting. This will lead to a bigger audience that really trusts you. You can think of it as a game – earn some bonuses. It takes time but you will earn a lot from it. If you spam just to get some visitors to your website…the trust that you gained will go away in a few days.

The cool marketers have thousands of fans. The cooler marketers have tens of thousands. You know that when they post a link in a few moments 5-10 000 visits are in. Of course half of your time will go for your brand. You need to support it.

If you do it the right way, the traffic will not be so temporary. When you have followers that*are interested*in your content there is a chance for you to become viral. Your fans will send the links to their friends. They will send it to their friends and so on.

Negatives:

1.Your server could be DDoS-ed :D

2.The users that are coming from the social networks will get your site with really high Bounce rates. They are rarely clicking, subscribing, buying. It is more like it when you are using the Shout option. The traffic can be massive (if you develop your profiles the right way and if you are lucky enough), but still it is the least effective method when you want to convert.

3. You can hardly predict the results. The bigger companies have dedicated people to do the social marketing but still they fail sometimes no matter of the budget and the knowledge. One 12 years old boy can get a lot of attention with a few pictures of something interesting.

The Dark Side of Social Networking

Yeah that is an interesting topic to discuss because the whole web is bloated with spam which the filter can’t stop....

I think social networks can provide you with some traffic when you share something, but the visitors are not that profitable. For example if you get some visits from Google you will get more money. Think about how much times you’ve clicked on a website which got into randomly without searching for something exact. :)

On first place your site should be full of unique content that is interesting. This is the only case when it is fine to post around the social networks. You will attract some new visitors that will directly come into your site.

If you spend years getting thousands of visitors from there and the number direct hits you get is still 50/day. There is no reason to continue.

If you use hosting…they will make you upgrade.

If you use VPS…you will have to spend more money while you will not get real visitors that are coming for your site. They just saw something funny and clicked on it to go there.

It doesn’t really matter what you do when your site is not made right. Choose the right domain and niche that is popular…your ads will look logical to your content. Don’t lose your time doing useless stuff.

Social media's dark side could kill you

Can someone tell me what bookmark is?

Горе