What is Java and why we need it?

Blinky

Owner
javas.png

Java is a programming language and computing platform first released in 1995 by Sun Microsystems. It is the underlying technology that powers the latest programs including utilities, games and business applications. Java is used by more than 850 million personal computers worldwide, and on billions of devices, including mobile phones and TVs.

Why do I need Java?

Many applications and web sites do not work, if Java is not installed. And every day new ones come out. Java is fast, secure and reliable. Java is used everywhere - from laptops to data centers, from game consoles to scientific supercomputers, cell phones on the Internet.

Can I download Java for free?

Yes, Java is free. The latest version can be downloaded from http://java.com.

If you develop a built-in or user device and want to include Java, please contact Oracle for more information on how you can use Java on your device.

Why should I use the latest version of Java?

The latest version of Java contains important performance improvements, stability and security of Java applications that run on your computer. Installing the free updates will ensure your safety and effective use of your Java applications.

-------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------

ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL INFORMATION

Originally called OAK, in 1995 renamed to Java programming language.

What do you get when you download Java software?

When downloading Java software, you get Java Runtime Environment (JRE), containing an Java Virtual Machine (JVM), the base class of Java and Java-enabled libraries. To run Java, you need only JRE. When you download Java software, you get only what you need, no viruses and spyware .

What is Java Plug-in software?

Java Plug-in software is a component of the Java Runtime Environment (JRE). JRE provides applets written in the Java programming language and can be used in different browsers. Java Plug-in software is not a separate program and can not be installed separately.

I've heard the term Java Virtual Machine a (JVM). Is it Java software?

Java Virtual Machine is just one aspect of Java software, which is connected with a web interface. Java Virtual Machine is built in Java software, that you download and it helps in the use of Java applications.

Горе