What is Managed VPS?

$INeed$

Managed VPS is a hosting service, where you have an access to an indipendent server with an installed control panel (cPanel), 24/7 support and monitoring. The service includes regular backup of the content on the server.

On the virtual server you can store different web applications, including those, that could not work properly on the shared hosting, because of the technical requirements. The administration of this kind of servers is made by the company, who sold you the solution.

Basically, with the Managed VPS you have the same environment as you do with the shared hosting, but the applications have much more resources.

Hope to see some opinions, related to what I wrote. The information is little, but the main purpose is to give the basic. ;)

От: What is Managed VPS?

Usually Managed VPS plans mean:
- Software Management: troubleshooting of all issues with included software
- Proactive Monitoring + updates
- Security/Optimization
- Hardware Management
- Network Management

Options can be different from host to host, so always be sure what you are signing up for.

От: What is Managed VPS?

It is what the Bulgarian webmasters expect when they pay for unmanaged VPS, including web applications debuging, database structure optimizing, adding proper indexes and modifying sql queries, seo optimization, home cleaning, washing, cooking, taking kids from school, fixing the internet @webmasters home, and providing payed satelite TV channels for free.

Re: От: What is Managed VPS?

It is what the Bulgarian webmasters expect when they pay for unmanaged VPS, including web applications debuging, database structure optimizing, adding proper indexes and modifying sql queries, seo optimization, home cleaning, washing, cooking, taking kids from school, fixing the internet @webmasters home, and providing payed satelite TV channels for free.

Hahaha, a good one. And I totally feel your pain. :)

Anyway, I just want to ask the people, who are familiar with this, how mush should be the reasonable price of one managed VPS per month. If you can give me the highest and lowest one. Forget about the features (I know that they are the main pricing elements) - something that will do the work, basically. :)

Thanks to the market behavior, most of the sites are on shared. I have seen one guy with over 20 sites - all made with WordPress on a shared hosting and wondering why they are down form time to time. He pays around 17 euros, the managed VPS goes from 45 euros. So, he prefers to have this breakups instead of getting something more powerful for his sites. You can see for yourself what kind of sites and business has. :)

Most of the people who buy just a VPS don't consider, that they won't manage it just like that. The installation - OK, but you need more to make it a nice place for your sites or/and scripts. Anyway, the a site that goes well and earning good amount of money can afford a manage VPS, so this kind of clients are welcome. The others - they can continue suffering.

Горе