What programming languages do you use?

What programming languages do you use?

• Общо гласове
От: Re: What programming languages do you use?

I do not know person who is familiar with JavaScript and has no idea of PHP , sometimes the opposite is also seen. :)

Many Front-End developers has no idea of php or know a little bit, because they don`t care about the server side ;)

От: What programming languages do you use?

I use most of the languages above depending on the situation, but mostly perl for its extremely flexibility.

I use mostly perl and python for their flexibility :)

Yeap. They are. C# is just because it's Microsoft and programmers with this skills are wanted. I am surprised that Bash is getting much more popular.
Bash and Perl are installed by default in any UNIX-like OS (Unix/Linux/Mac). Latest versions of Bash has got super-flexibility. If you use Linux there is no way without Bash :).
In my everyday tasks I use: Perl, Bash, PHP, Ruby, CoffeeScript (JavaScript), AutoIt (only for Win), Batch, VBS, VBA.
I realy love Perl!

Guys, what do you think about Ruby? Is it good for beginners. I've heard many times that Perl and Ruby are really newbie-friendly...

Interesting!
And I don't have an idea, where is the fucking Ruby (jRuby, IronRuby, Ruby on Rails)!
Node is also missing.

I use PHP, which is slow in some situations, it still can't write persistent data to the RAM-а (there are extensions for this anyway) and the names of it's functions are weird, but it works good and does what it is supposed to do :)

Javascript of course. Mixed with jQuery where I don't need the full speed.

Java, Ruby, Python - I never tried these. What I don't like in Java is the need to install it in Windows. When I need to install Java, I don't know where to go and what to download, to be honest :)
Also I use phpBB forum, so for now I prefer PHP only because of that. Unfortunately I don't like any new forum scripts, they look like stripped versions of something old :(

I hate SQL and C/C++, my own mind does not allow these :) In SQL I can't see the logic behind the words, so I don't know how it works. The logic in C/C++ is at very low level in some stupid way. Last year I tried for 2 months to do something in C++, it was mission impossible for me, I don't even know how to deal with strings.

Последно редактирано:

I use $ language. If you know $ language and if you have some of this language, everythink is possible. :)

Горе