Which Blog Platform(s) Do You Use? And Why?

Which Blog Platform(s) Do You Use?

• WordPress

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • Blogger

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Blogr

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xanga

• Blogster

• Multiply

• Blog

• Freevlog

• InsaneJournal

• ClearBlogs

• Etribes

• Terapad

• Blogsome

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • ShoutPost

• OpenDiary

• Greasy

• Blogetery

• Friendster

• Netcipia

• Other (Which one)

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Общо гласове

Blinky

Owner
So, the topic here is as you can see - Which blog platform(s) do you use? I just started this theme to see is the WP still #1. According to my experience WordPress should lead the poll above, but just in case - I want to check this out. I think that will be interesting for all of us as well.

I personally use WP and Blogger. WordPress mostly, Blogger - not so frequently. I also have a blog on Blogsome.com, but I do not use it. My reasons why I prefer WordPress you can read here: Why WordPress and What Makes It The Best Content Management System?.

Hope you give yours. Especially, if you use some of the not so popular ones in the listed above. Thanks for your votes and comments. All the best. :|

От: Which Blog Platform(s) Do You Use? And Why?

Wordpress is definelty the leader ( not only my opinion ). Every day thousands of WP blogs are going live and with the enormous community that it has, WP is the best solution for creating a blog ( this is my opinion now :) ) . Unlimitless themes and plugins wich will make your blog expirience outstanding. But 1 tips - buy domain and host, so you can control all the site while having free WP blog is not so good, but this is another topic :)

Последно редактирано:

Of course WP is my favorite. It is because there is great variety of plugins and themes for it. It is very easy to maintain too. And of course it is free.

WordPress, but just in the beginning. Blogsome looks like WP. The vote for Blogsome should go for WP. :) Anyone has noticed that?

Blogsome looks like WP. The vote for Blogsome should go for WP. :) Anyone has noticed that?

Blogsome is running some prehistoric wordpress version. Why would someone even do something with that?

Blogsome is running some prehistoric wordpress version. Why would someone even do something with that?
Without any specific reason, just to have a supproting blog pointing to the main site. You know, like hub, squidoo, blogger and etc. I don't know why is this platform standing out there, but there is some reason for that. I see that they started in 2004. Reason giving them about 10 years living. :)

P.S: There is one vote in the poll. Would be great to see a blog on this platform - live example I mean. :)

Without any specific reason, just to have a supproting blog pointing to the main site. You know, like hub, squidoo, blogger and etc. I don't know why is this platform standing out there, but there is some reason for that. I see that they started in 2004. Reason giving them about 10 years living. :)

P.S: There is one vote in the poll. Would be great to see a blog on this platform - live example I mean. :)

I am okay with the supporting blog option, we all have the so called satellites, but the version they are running is obsolete. Still can't get understand how they are even up and running this. It must be full of security flaws.

Why blogr taking part in the poll? I think is not working anymore.

Anyway, if we are talking about blog platforms in a basic way (without domain and hosting) I`m running several satellite sites on wordpress, blogger, tumblr, liveJournal, typepad and a few more. But only blogger and wordpress for stand alone projects.

Hey @Brum, I have voted for this platform. And here is the blog: webmasterworld.blogsome.com (it is real disaster, isn't it? :) ) - haven't updated for years (December 24, 2008), but still standing. :) Wow, I haven't opened in till now.

Hahaha, thanks for reminding me with your question. ;)
Ok, so you are with the blogsome vote, but who is with the "other" option? Also interesting what platform does he use. The thread is really going to an interesting discussion. :)

WordPress. I think WP is the best CMS solution ever. I've been using it for more than five years.

Now, more that what every webmaster and blogger can setup informative blog and corporate site. Just need to choose skin and functionalities and it's all done.

Ok, so you are with the blogsome vote, but who is with the "other" option? Also interesting what platform does he use. The thread is really going to an interesting discussion. :)

This is a mistary. I have heart of platforms like Xanga, Blog, InsaneJournal, but never gonna use them for sure. All of them look really interesting and useful, but they are far away from the leaders most of the people choosing.

Горе