• Other

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • myBB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • XenForo

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Общо гласове
Re: Your Favorite Forum CMS / Best Forum CMS

At moment XenForo... I do not have much experience with it, but for now I like the concept and think it has fresh ideas. Maybe after few stable versions will be a great forum CMS.

XenForo is kind of slow CMS with all the javas in it and 1K options. Looks great,bit when we talk about SEO, speed and so on, well, this is not good choice. :)

The system is kind of new and there is a lot of work to become what the market needs.

От: Your Favorite Forum CMS

phpBB and Invision Power Board are my favorrites. phpBB is good for it's simplicity. IP board have gread design and is realy good too. As I havementioned in the bulgarian part of the forum for my projects I use phpBB3 because it is free. It is much better than the othere popular free forum system - SMF.

BTW, I see that vBulletin, phpBB and IPB are the most preferred Forum CMSs. It is not a surprise for anyone, I suppose. ;)

The best combination here is - functionality and look. Nothing more you can want from a forum CMS. The SEO - well, every forum script has its own modules, where you can achieve great positions in SEs, having in mind that SEs, tolerate communities, because of the useful and non stop updating content.

WP is now trying to take over this niche, but will be a hard task, that they will achieve soon, according to what I've been seeing last years from them.

Also, biggest forums use exactly of the 3 leading platforms from the poll.

От: Your Favorite Forum CMS

I want to add some feedback about invision power board support. Ive got a problem since I migrated 1 of my forum on them. 4 days me, coolice and a friend of mine was trying to resolve the problem, but no success. Finally Ive decided to make a ticket to IPB. 20 mins after the ticket was send the problem was solved. Amazing support and those 25$ per 6 months are well worth it.

Re: От: Your Favorite Forum CMS

Definitely my favorite one is phpbb3 and after it comes smf ;)
Free and extremely customizable/

According to my personal practice, the free forum CMSs are great, but nothing to the job best than the premium ones. ;) In these thoughts I can mention vBulleting, which is my favorite and IPB, which I find really attractive and useful. Also, I am now looking at XenForo taking its place right now.

Definitely IPB. It's a bit expensive to maintain, but cheaper than the vB. It's very hard to breach, and super easy to set up. It's beautiful too, in my opinion more sleek than the phpBB or other free alternatives for example.

Горе