Votes: 4 13.3%
  • myBB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • XenForo

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Общо гласове
Re: От: Re: Your Favorite Forum CMS

Yes, and is expensive... :cry:
Is it the most expensive one, because some of the VBulettin version are not so cheap as well.

@2fast4you, thanks for you opinion. In some niches, the SEO is not so important unline the content, and as you wrote - users. But in more competitive niches - SEO is a little plus. That's why I am asking. Just to see which one is greater. I have had the chance to work with 3 of the systems and would love to know which of the mentioned provides the best SEO.

You have a IPB based forum? Great. ;)

Re: От: Re: От: Your Favorite Forum CMS

Well my forum was the only one in its niche and the SEO was not my priority. I had IPB for 5 years and smf for short period of time.
My opinion is that the system is not so important. If the users are idiots and you have forum system from NASA, its not going to end great. :beer:
Wow, you use IPB and didn't show it. Would love to see it. As know that this forum CMS has a lot of well looking skins and functions. What is your forum about? And according to your personal experience which one is best out there. Hope to give me some tips, because I am about to start a community, but not sure which system will do the job. I am thinking of 3 CMSs for now - VBulleting, PHPbb and IPB. Thanks for your opinion. :)

От: Your Favorite Forum CMS

The project was started 2007 and ended 2012. It was the official Bulgarian comunity for the game "Live For Speed". The game its still the best racing simulator.
The forum was known from all Bulgarians that played the game and we advertised it in zamunda to attract more players.
The sad thing is the developers are not updating the game anymore. They are stuck with updating the new handling of the cars. Very complex proccess.
After the lack of updates the comunity started to fall apart. More and more people lost their interest and i decided to delete and close the project.
I deleted it because i had big plans to be their partner in Bulgaria. Organize real races to advertise the game and many more activities.

Yes there are many great templates out there but i decided to create my own.
IPB is not free and like every licensed system the updates are rolled more frequently with major improvements and addons.
SMF is.. simple. Not too mutch to do in the administration area and there is lack of functions.
VBulletin and PHPbb are great systems. I cannot say 1 bad thing about them.
I recommend you to test all of them and write your experience here. It will be helpful :wink:

Yesterday I tried SMF for a first time and I was very pleased with the CMS. It is simple, but it has great community, nice themes and it's very easy for beginners. Also, I know well know bulgarian brands, that are using SMF (with a lot of modification, but still ) and they are successful. Definitly will try my new project with SMF and will see what will happend :)

Guys, I also did try SMF forum CMS and I am really surprised from what I saw. There are a lot of themes, modules and functionalities. The CMS is a perfect for small as well as big forums. I am using it for (helping in the setup process) an IT forum. The project is not so big at all, but soon hope to increase its popularity.

От: Re: Your Favorite Forum CMS

Guys, I also did try SMF forum CMS and I am really surprised from what I saw. There are a lot of themes, modules and functionalities. The CMS is a perfect for small as well as big forums. I am using it for (helping in the setup process) an IT forum. The project is not so big at all, but soon hope to increase its popularity.

Good luck :) SMF is one really superb option, especially for begginers :)

От: Re: От: Your Favorite Forum CMS

Why not? :) So, no one will agree with me that VBulletin is the greatest so far. ;) Of course, I am also using PHPbb and smf, but would love to see how IPB works as well. :)

I'm using since ~5years vBulletin and I agree with you. I like that one the most due to it's simplicity in managing users and forums, adding themes, moderating, administrating, changing whatever you wish and so on.
Although it being an expensive product (*cough* NULLED *cough*) and having a ton of exploits (a while a go linkbucks.com got hacked due to an exploit in their vB forum... the funny part is that actually the users notified them about the security update prior to the hack/deface...)

Every time I had to manage users/forums/sub-forums with phpbb I always wished to cut my wrists.
Protip: if you are using phpbb ask some trusted moderator to do such stuff for you.
Sure, it's free and open source, but it's very limited. Maybe I've used bad themes but compared to vB phpbb lacks a lot of functionality.

I am in love with this forum CMS. One of the best things about VBulletin is that it has a lot of useful plugins, giving the chance to make your forum even more user-friendly. Yes, so of them are still giving some errors, some are need to be fixed, but most of them work just fine. The themes are great and the functionality is also great.

The system has regular updates, but which one doesn't. :) So, this could not be count as a benefit.

Most of the old members know that Predpriemach.com was with PHPbb, before migrating to the resent forum CMS. And could say it was wonderful. That's why I gave my votes to both systems. I probably will do the same in future. I also use SMF at the moment, but can give objectively opinion for now. Will do it in my next posts here. :)

От: Re: Your Favorite Forum CMS

Most of the old members know that Predpriemach.com was with PHPbb, before migrating to the resent forum CMS. And could say it was wonderful.
Well if you ask someone older than 30yo he will say that telnet/irc with green-on-black text was all that a man could ever need...
The only reason in my opinion for someone to like PHPbb would be that he was used to it, and most people don't like changes, even if it's for the better (*cough* Bg ministers *cough*)

jForum written in Java, and vBulletin in PHP.
p.s. jForum, inherited from phpBB is free!

Последно редактирано:

Xenforo is formed by two of the lead developers of vBulletin. When they left and formed the new company vBulletin sued them for stolen code. They had no evidence at all, but they wanted to stop the development of xenforo and succeeded. Xenforo was without development for quite a bit of time. The lawsuit ended last year with undisclosed settlement, but people believe xenforo "won", because they resumed development after that.

All in all, if you choose today xenforo is much better choice then vbulletin.

Реакции: CTAH
vBulletin and phpBB, the best forums in the world are on this systems. Well, I am now also interested in IPB. WordPress has a long way to go....but soon, I hope, will be a leading Forum CMS. I am not so optimistic about XenForo. :)

Горе